Your Guide to Vancouver: Eat + Drink + Shop (& Be Merry)

4.11.2007

Lolita's South of the Border Catina

Lolita's
1326 Davie Street
Vancouver, BC
Map
604-696-9999
www.lolitasrestaurant.com

Neighborhood: West End
Price: $$

Finding tasty Mexican fare in the Pacific Northwest is no easy task. My cravings weren’t satisfied with Taco del Mar so I was tickled mole to find Lolita's, a fun and appetizing cantina on Davie Street. As with most places with atmosphere in Vancouver, Lolita's space is cramped. The décor is Latin festive without oozing maracas and piñatas. Lolita's service is friendly but a wee slow. We enjoyed a raspberry mojito (!) and a standard margarita – it’s a fine place for just drinks. We ordered the ceviche and the chili relleno – both indulgently good. The prices are also indulgent – over my budget for a casual dine but damn deserving of a special occasion. I had regulated myself to a life of sushi. Vancouver just got a little more interesting.

No comments: